Hoop Smart Elite Prep Academy is designed to empower athletes to achieve their basketball goals and aspirations through professional coaching, unwavering support, and personalised guidance. Whether this goal is to get to US college, make the next team, or just improve as a player, we’re here to help.
Our academy is teaching focused, with the aim of personally developing players, beyond just basketball. We recognise that basketball is more than a game; it is a vehicle for personal growth & development and a tool for creating experiences & relationships. Our wholistic approach sets the E.P.A. apart and prepares athletes for success.
Post Graduate Program
The E.P.A Post Graduate Program is designed for players that have completed their high school studies and are looking to explore their basketball opportunities further. It is open to both boys and girls.
Structured in line with the school terms, the E.P.A runs Monday to Thursday, 4 hours per day, progressing athletes on their development pathway. We focus on establishing a solid foundation of skills, footwork, movement, strength, game concepts, structure & strategy, and basketball IQ.
Each week (16 hours) is broken into 3 main components:
- 8 hours on-court training
- 4 hours strength, conditioning, and physical training
- 4 hours off-court player recovery and personal development sessions
The on-court portion of the program will include individual skill development, team strategy, and a personalised coaching. Our aim is to identify each player’s strengths and then work towards maximising these attributes to make the best player possible.
We will also identify and isolate those areas of your game that need to improve and work towards developing these skills.
Developing each player’s knowledge, improving their physical body, and growing as a person (not just a basketball player) are all things we believe to be equally as important for players. Off the court, players will learn to analyse video, improve athleticism through a structured & personalised strength and conditioning program, and learn about the key factors of recovery, nutrition, and mental development.
The program curriculum also includes:
And much more!
Strength, Coordination, & Conditioning
- Basketball skill assessments and progress reports
- Athletic performance testing
- Strength, conditioning, and flexibility programs
- Social Media training
- Financial Literacy Education
- Sports Psychology
- Level 1 Coach Accreditation
As an athlete, taking care of your body and maximising your athletic potential are key elements to success. Our strength and conditioning program is designed to improve each player’s physical performance on the court and reduce their chance of injury.
Our program dedicates four hours each week to enhance athlete’s mobility, stability, speed, strength, power, conditioning, and recovery.
– Assess each individuals injury risk and athletic ability through a thorough assessment including a movement screening and performance testing
– Improve on the physical qualities necessary to be a successful basketball player while working on each individuals weaknesses identified in the assessment
– Measure progress throughout the process to show improvements and direct future strength and conditioning training
Our aim is to provide players with a premium training program at an affordable price. Included in tuition fees is a membership to the GESAC facilities, E.P.A training gear, and Club Coaching Accreditation (Level 1).
We will also be taking the E.P.A group to tour the USA in July and participate in the AAU circuit. Details and dates of the trip are TBC.
Elite Prep Academy
Elite Prep Academy USA Tour (July 2019)
*Payment plans available